Alternatives to Mental & Physical Health that work
Are you looking to quiet your mind, and experience peace and tranquility while managing stress better and improving your health? These therapy alternatives might be for you.
- Help with neck and lower back pain
- Reduce inflammation
- Improvement in symptoms of neurological conditions
- Improved athletic performance
Meditation is a simple practice available to all, which can reduce stress, increase calmness and clarity and promote happiness. Learning how to meditate is straightforward, and the benefits can come quickly. Meditation can also be used to treat depression and PTSD, with breathing exercises that can help you switch off and relax. Here, we offer basic tips to get you started on a path toward greater equanimity, acceptance and joy. Take a deep breath, and get ready to start relaxing.
Benefits of Meditation
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Building skills to manage your stress.
- Increasing self-awareness.
- Focusing on the present.
- Reducing negative emotions.
- Increasing imagination and creativity.
- Increasing patience and tolerance.
Massage therapy is a type of treatment in which a trained and certified medical professional manipulates the soft tissues of your body — muscle, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and skin — using varying degrees of pressure and movement. Here are some benefits of massage therapy:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Reduction of stress hormones
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility
- Improved skin tone
- Improved recovery of soft tissue injuries